Monday 21 April 2014

Launch of the Ship of Adventures

Last post I mentioned my jewellery is being stocked at the Hackney Pirates Shop of Adventures. The Hackney Pirates are an educational charity in East London, have a look at their website here; they were having a launch evening on 11th April as they have just moved into new premises on Kingsland High Street, which includes a gift shop and cafe all set out in the style of a pirate ship - it's really cool!
My husband and daughter are a guitar and vocals duo called Elijah Bailey and I arranged for them to play an acoustic set at the launch event. You can see some video of Elijah Bailey performing there on their Facebook page here.
I took what appears to be a rather blurry photo of my jewellery on display in the shop, but it was really crowded and I discovered I'd left my phone at home so took the photo on the camera I was filming the gig on!

My jewellery on display in the Shop of Adventures
 It was a fun event, which you can see hear all about on the Hackney Pirates blog post here.
I hope the shop is a success, not just for my jewellery but it's a great and fun charity. If you're in the east London area do pop along and see, it's at 138 Kingsland High Street just along the road from Dalston Kingsland station near the Tesco Express. You can check out the Compass Coffee shop's Facebook page here where they've posted some great photos. The food looks delicious and the setting is unique!

~Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments, thanks for reading my Blog!