Sunday 17 April 2011

Challenge 52 - week 2

Hello!
Well what's been going on this week?

If you look to the right you can see a cool Challenge 52 badge which Abi from Birdcage Creative made me, to include my website address.

This Challenge 52 idea has really made me determined to do the things I've been meaning to do for a while.
So this week I've made a Flickr account and am in the process of uploading hundreds of photos of my jewellery to it. The link is on the right of this page. I will put a link on my website http://www.pirate-treasures.com/ once I've got all the photos uploaded, and use it to show 'sold' items. In the past, on my old website I had a slideshow of sold items and had a couple of commissions from people wanting similar things. So having a whole Flickr photostream will let everyone see what I've made over the past few years and not clog up my shop pages with 'sold out' things!
Yesterday I set up a Google Checkout for my website to give customers an alternative to using Paypal as a checkout processor. I don't know if it will make a difference, but I know some people don't like Paypal - though my shopping cart only uses it to process the payments and you don't need a Paypal account to use your credit or debit card.

Apart from that, I've just done a little tweaking with the website, I haven't even had time to make anything new as the kitchen decorating is still going on. It's a kitchen-diner and we've had to use Polycell wall smoothing stuff (can't remember the actual name!) on the walls, then sand it off before it can be painted. I have painted two walls today (Homebase 'Putty' colour paint!) and will hoepfully get the rest done tomorrow so we can get the tiling done by the end of the week.
I have commissions from two customers to work on this week, so have ordered supplies of things I haven't got in stock. I plan to photograph the process of making them for my next blog.
Bye for now!!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments, thanks for reading my Blog!